Citizens from dozens of countries qualify for an E-2 Treaty Investor Visa. Only countries who have entered into a treaty with the United States qualify. This leaves many investors in China and other countries with the EB-5 investor visa as seemingly their only option.
Accordingly, citizens of countries who are not able to receive an E-2 Visa may have an option to become a dual citizen of an E-2 Visa country. Once they are a citizen of an E-2 country, they can apply for the Visa. A notable example is the Citizenship by Investment Programme in Grenada.
Personal Requirements for Principal Applicant:
- 18 years or older
- Be in good health
- Have enough funds to make the required one-time contribution to the National Transformation Fund (non-refundable)
- No criminal convictions in any country of any offense for which the maximum penalty for the same or similar offense in Grenada is in excess of six months imprisonment.
- Not a subject of a criminal investigation
- Not a potential security risk
- Have not been denied a visa to a country which Grenada has visa-free travel and have not subsequently obtained a visa to the country that issued the denial.
Henry Lim, an Orlando Immigration Attorney, can help you with your USA immigration and citizenship law questions regarding a work visa, family-based immigration, visitor visas, E-2 Visa & E-1 Visa, L-1 Visa, H1B Visa, F-1 Student Visa, and more.
Ask Henry Lim
Do you have a question for Henry Lim? During 20 years of practicing law, he has helped more than 10,000 families with their immigration issues. You can Ask Henry a question at [email protected] or submit a video question by sending a link to one of our channels. For legal assistance, email or call for an appointment: 407-897-8870. Our first consultation is complimentary. Learn more about Henry Lim.