Marriage & Fiancée Visas

Marriage & Fiancée Visas

Lim Law – Orlando & Central Florida Immigration Attorney

Marriage Visa:

The first step to obtain a marriage visa, otherwise known as a marriage petition, is to file a Form I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) for a spouse to immigrate to the U.S.

If you have any questions regarding eligibility for a marriage visa, either for yourself or your spouse, call Lim Law today.


  • Petitioner must be a U.S citizen
  • Marriage within 90 days of your fiancées arrival in the U.S
  • Both you and your fiancée must be free to legally get married.
  • Met your fiancée within 2 years of the application
  • Meet the minimum financial requirements

Once married, your spouse can apply for permanent residency status in the U.S, while waiting for the application to get processed.

If after 90 days you and your spouse do not get married, he/she loses her status as a fiancée and must leave the U.S. A fiancée visa cannot be extended.


Contact Lim Law, P.A.