Lim Law P.A. – Orlando & Central Florida Immigration Attorney
Naturalization is the process by which U.S Citizenship is granted to a national or foreign citizen, once they have fulfilled the requirement established in the Immigration and Nationality Act.
General Naturalization Requirements:
- Be 18 years old or older
- Be a permanent resident (Green Card holder) for at least five years (3 years if you are a spouse of a U.S. citizen)
- Resided in the U.S for at least 5 years
- Been present in the states for at least 30 months
- Must be a person of good moral character
- Be willing to take the Oath of Allegiance
- Be able to speak, write, read and understand the English language
- Knowledge and understanding of history and government of the U.S.
- If over the age of 50 and have lived as a permanent resident in the US for 15 years or more, the requirements for the English and civics test may be waived.
- Exceptions to veterans of the United States armed forces.
Ask Henry Lim
Learn more about Henry Lim. During over 20 years of practicing law, he has helped more than 10,000 families with their immigration issues. For legal assistance, email or call for an appointment: 407-897-8870. Our first consultation is complimentary.