Lim Law P.A. – Orlando & Central Florida Immigration Attorney
Naturalization is the process by which U.S Citizenship is granted to a national or foreign citizen, once they have fulfilled the requirement established in the Immigration and Nationality Act.
General Naturalization Requirements:
- Be 18 years old or older
- Be a permanent resident (Green Card holder) for at least five years (3 years if you are a spouse of a U.S. citizen)
- Resided in the U.S for at least 5 years
- Been present in the states for at least 30 months
- Must be a person of good moral character
- Be willing to take the Oath of Allegiance
- Be able to speak, write, read and understand the English language
- Knowledge and understanding of history and government of the U.S.
- If over the age of 50 and have lived as a permanent resident in the US for 15 years or more, the requirements for the English and civics test may be waived.
- Exceptions to veterans of the United States armed forces.
Ask Henry Lim
Do you have a question for Henry Lim? During nearly 20 years of practicing law, he has helped more than 10,000 families with their immigration issues. You can Ask Henry a question at [email protected] or submit a video question by sending a link to one of our channels. For legal assistance, email or call for an appointment: 407-897-8870. Our first consultation is complimentary.