Are There Different Types of Investor Visas?

“Yes, there are different types of investor visas. For example, you have what’s called an E1 or an E2 treaty/trader visa, and what that means is that the person has to be a national of a specific country that has an agreement with the United States. Typically, you’re looking at a $100,000 investment in a project within the United States that will create a substantial income for you. The other types of visas are normally called an EB5. Now, an EB5 is either a $1 million investment with the creation of 10 employees or a $500,000 investment in a targeted employment area with the creation of 10 new employees.”